mxODBC SQL Type error with MS SQL Server

George Thom@s georgethomas at
Wed Mar 29 15:17:30 CEST 2000

Hi there,
I had experienced the same problem ( SQL type (code -9) not implemented
) and I reproduce below a fragment from Marc Lehmburg's
(mal at	numerous patient replies to my queries.

-------------mal at said -------------------------
SQL type -9 is not defined in ODBC 3.5 AFAIK. No idea what
type this is. The next version of mxODBC will support
unkown types by fetching them as strings, but the current
one cannot deal with them, sorry.

Personal Addendum: If you open SQLUCODE.H in the INCLUDE directory of
your Visual Studio installation, you will find a line that reads

#define SQL_WVARCHAR         (-9)

Hope this helps.

George Thomas
Resident,Planet Earth,Third Rock from the Sun
georgethomas at

Flat No. FI-5, Fifth Floor,
Himagirinath Co-op. Hsg. Society,
486A Elphinstone Road,
Kirkee, Pune - 411003,
Maharashtra State,
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving
there is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof.
               - John Kenneth Galbraith