has anyone seen comp.lang.python.announce?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Fri Mar 3 10:10:06 EST 2000

on all newsservers I have access to, c.l.py.announce has
been empty for about as long as I remember,

they all list the newsgroup.

but I never see any postings in there.

(except for today, when an escaped slashdotter posted
an "I'm first!" message on one of the servers ;-)

and what's worse, it doesn't show up on deja.com either.

can this be fixed, or should the newsgroup be scrapped?
I find it hard to believe that the python universe doesn't
produce enough new stuff to keep the newsgroup alive...

</F>