What If Python Replaced Elisp?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Fri Mar 10 17:05:48 EST 2000

In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.10003102317130.4723-100000 at sundial>, Moshe Zadka wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> One might argue that it would be hard to come up with a
>> portable, network-transparent windowing system that was much
>> simpler than X11
>
>Yes, but that argument wouldn't hold water: NeWS was such a system.

I've heard some good things about NeWS, but never new any
details.  Isn't Apple's coming out with a new windowing system
based on display-PDF rather than the display-Postscript model?
That should make things even simpler.  It's probably too late
for anything to replace X, no matter what its technical merits.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I was giving HAIR
                                  at               CUTS to th' SAUCER PEOPLE