Vgetty and Python

Joseph C. Kopec kopecjc at att.net
Wed Mar 29 22:54:03 EST 2000

Does anyone know whether Python scripts can be used for the programs
used by vgetty?  Vgetty calls out to several shell scripts that by
default use sh.  The voice.conf file allows another shell to be called
in place of /bin/sh.  My thought was to use the Python interpreter in
place of /bin/sh, since (of course) I much prefer Python to sh.  Is this
possible or does vgetty require sh or a similar shell (like bash).  Any
thoughts or tips would be much appreciated.