Bill's not so Joyful (was Stackless/microthreads merge news)

Don Tuttle tuttledon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:05:26 EST 2000

[Will Ware]
> >What motivated my
> > interest in microthreading was a wish to run thousands or tens of
> > thousands of threads simultaneously, which started when I went to a
> > talk by Gerald Sussman on amorphous computing, described at
> > http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/amorphous/

[Darrell]
> So your contributing to the end of human life..
> http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/2000-03/12/215l-031200-idx.html

Here's Bill Joy's complete article from Wired
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.04/joy.html
Who knows, maybe one day Python WILL rule the world. <wink> Sleep well...

Don
--
Believe nothing no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if
I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common