PythoWin problem

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Fri Mar 17 18:47:43 EST 2000

Mikhail Terekhov wrote:

> I have very strange problem with PythonWin b128 I've just
> installed on my NT box. When I try to create new file
> through File->New menu, I'm getting Grep dialog box,
> and when I try to open existing python script, the Open
> dialog contains only two file type templates (*.grep and *.*)
> and when I select any file to open I'm getting error box
> "Filed to open document!". There were no such a problem
> with b125 I've used before. Am I missing something
> obvious?

Build 128 works fine for me. Did you de-install b125, or install
over it? If the latter, you should probably de-install 128, and
(try) de-installing 125. That will probably fail, so be prepared to
clean up the directories. Then try 128 again.

Also, Mark writes a log file when there are start up problems.
Can't recall where it shows up, though.

- Gordon