req: OO SQL gen module?

g_v_wilson at my-deja.com g_v_wilson at my-deja.com
Sun Mar 5 21:27:58 EST 2000

Greg Wilson writes:
SQL::Builder does seem to be what I want --- but it's not archived
at CPAN, and the URL for its author (Byron Brummer, aka "Zenin")
fails to resolve.  If anyone has a copy of the module, or a live
link to its author, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Greg

> Jean-Louis Leroy <jll at skynet.be> wrote:
> Take a look at SQL::Statement, SQL::Builder and perhaps Tangram,
> all available from CPAN.

> > Greg Wilson wrote:
> > I am looking for a module that does for SQL what Perl's
> > CGI.pm, Python's HTMLgen, and DOM libraries in various
> > languages do for HTML and XML.  Right now, both Perl and
> > Python require me to manipulate SQL at the string level.
> > Tools like CGI.pm, HTMLgen, and DOM, on the other hand,
> > let me manipulate trees at the semantic level, and then
> > translate the tree structure into text when necessary.
> > This seems like the right way to build, store, and
> > manipulate SQL queries.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.