Is UserList.py "strange" or is it cmp()?

Alex alex at somewhere.round.here
Tue Mar 14 17:51:03 EST 2000

> But that doesn't tell us why testuserlist.py dies at this assertion:
>
>   assert u2[:I] == l2[:I]

I don't know, Tom, it works for me (the unadulterated test_userlist.py
with the unadulterated UserList.py).  Usually, when something like this
comes up, I fire up the debugger and step through.  Put 'import pdb' at
the top of the UserList module, and put pdb.set_trace at the start of
the __cmp__ method, run the expression 'u2[:I] == l2[:I]' in an
interpreter, and step through with the debugger's 's' command.

Alex.