Sending email from Win95 Outlook

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Fri Mar 10 14:27:10 EST 2000

In article <vhVx4.6895$vW.18549 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Mark Hammond wrote:

>> If you want to send the mail via Outlook you should look up
>> MAPI and the PythonWin 'examples'. In the book 'Python
>> Programming on Win32' By Mark Hammond & Andy Robinson (which I
>> soon will buy) you will find more info about this.
>
>It is worth noting that MAPI only works if you have a MAPI
>enabled server - basically this means you need Exchange Server
>or IBM Domino.

Both of which will probably also accept mail via SMTP.  I'd try
SMTP first.  If you don't have access to an SMTP server but do
have access to Exchange Server, then you can use the COM/MAPI
stuff.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. I don't understand
                                  at               the HUMOR of the THREE