win32com.client.dynamic: VARIANT type not supported for SAFEARRAYS

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 2 17:19:45 EST 2000

"Olaf Trygve Berglihn" <olafb at pvv.org> wrote in message
news:dn1n1oi7mw4.fsf at kikp0524.chembio.ntnu.no...
> I get the following trace when trying to access a variable in the

> COM-aware process simulator HYSYS.process by Hyprotech:
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line
388,in __getattr__
>     ret =
self._oleobj_.Invoke(retEntry.dispid,0,pythoncom.DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET,
1)
> TypeError: The VARIANT type is not supported for SAFEARRAYS
> >>>

> Any explanations and/or suggestions?

The Python COM framework doesnt have support for that variant type in
safe array :-(  I have no idea what the variant type is, but it must
be one of the more obscure ones.  What is the property defined as
returning?  Presumably it is an array, but of what?

Mark.