Python w/MS Outlook / MS Exchange

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Fri Mar 31 03:07:33 EST 2000

junkster at rochester.rr.com (Benjamin Schollnick) said :

>     I was wondering if anyone has found a way to look up Email
>     address's,
>etc, in python from a MS Outlook "global" Address book?
>     Basically, at work we are using MS Outlook, and I want to write a
>CGI-BIN
>that will take a user name, and list their email information.
>Unfornately, it's a global
>address book out on the outlook server....

This is not a direct answer but an alternative.
If your Exchange server administrator has opened, or is willing to open,
the LDAP service, it may be easier to leverage existing Python code using
OpenLDAP to achieve the same thing.
I have tested the package from http://web2ldap.de/ and it is pretty much
push-button ; as a bonus it doesn't use the Python win32 COM extensions so
you can run it on whatever you please...
HTH,
fp

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/