Python - Next Release Questions

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Mar 29 03:11:13 EST 2000

On 28-Mar-00 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
 >  The Java world has taken a purist approach to this.  Can someone from an
 >  area of wide-character practice (i.e., China, Japan, or Korea) comment on
 >  how well that works out?

FYI: The Korean written language (Han-gul) has approximately 40 letters
(I think it's 42). Yes, that's true, letters representing sounds. They
are grouped in a way that makes western people think that there are
thousands of characters, as in Chinese. However, to complicate things,
they use Chinese characters for words borrowed from Chinese.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343