Loop performance disappearance

Chris Ryland cpr at emsoftware.com
Thu Mar 16 18:24:07 EST 2000

I get the general feeling that among the powers-that-be, optimization is
considered hard and dangerous? ;-)

They're quite right of course.

I suppose one approach is that, given a fairly fixed language like Python,
that Moore's Law improvements in hardware will eventually make Python run
arbitrarily fast.

The only problem with that viewpoint is that other, more optimized dynamic
languages go even faster (at the same ratio as today, more or less).

Maybe I'll see the light after using Python for a few years...
--
Cheers!
/ Chris Ryland, President / Em Software, Inc. / www.emsoftware.com
news:slrn8d0h35.gf.daniels at localhost.localdomain...