[DB-SIG] Postgres DB API-compliant Python access

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Fri Mar 17 13:13:33 EST 2000

Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> I noticed that Postgres supports ODBC.  Is that known to work with
> mxODBC?  Does one need a driver manager as well?  Are there efficiency
> issues?

I have had great success running the unixODBC tools+mxODBC+PostgreSQL on
my RH6.1 box.

I had to compile a special version of mxODBC to work with unixODBC, but
M.-A. Lemburg was very helpful in assiting me in getting it done.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630