JPython vs. Javascript?

Kojo Idrissa kojo at tamu.edu
Tue Mar 28 23:20:22 EST 2000

Sorry, I guess I did leave the forms part out.  That's essentially what I want to do
(although the form may be longer and more complicated).  The reason I didn't mention
CGI is that there may be a problem with me implementing it at my location (our tech
support folks are not big on CGI from what I've heard, but that's a whole 'nother
story).  I may be able to do CGI, but if not, Javascript seemed like the next most
likely alternative, as I could simply embed it into the HTML form.

My primary question was motivated by a desire to avoid learning a second language
(Javascript) and get more mileage out of the one I'm learning (Python) by using it to
indirectly create Java applets (also form embeddable).  My concern was that a Java
applet may not be the best tool for the job.  That's what I was trying to find out.  I
just didn't do a very good job of asking the question I guess...

Now, with that added info, what do you think?

--

Kojo Idrissa

kojo at tamu.edu
401M Wehner Bldg.