Newbie help setting up

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Tue Mar 7 01:03:00 EST 2000

Albert Wagner <alwagner at tcac.net> wrote:
> Just thought I'd reply to myself.  Lots of traffic on this newsgroup but
> no help for newbies.

no help on this specific question, you mean.

and frankly, do you think that a post like this makes the unpaid
volunteers that answer questions on this newsgroup a) more or
b) less inclined to answer your questions?

so assuming that nobody will answer the original question,
why not make an attempt?  here's what I would do:

    - create a new directory

    - unpack the file in there

    - look for a README file in the directory
      (it's posted at the download site too)

    - do as it says

now, if you still cannot get it to work, post a description of
what you did and what happened.

</F>