Numerical Python and Distutils

Les Schaffer godzilla at netmeg.net
Mon Mar 6 10:40:32 EST 2000

> I tried installing it like it says, but I get a bunch of errors during
> the installation.  Do the setup files have to be in a particular
> directory?

i just ran into the same problem.

during compilation, the setup.py is somehow making the
/usr/include/pythonXX appear first before the local -IInclude, since
thee were some small API changes, the compiler halts on errors.

if you copy the files in the Include directory into your Python include
directory, all will be well.

(well, actually, there is a name collision between the gamma function
in numpy and a declaration of gamma in /usr/include/mathcalls.h but
that may be just my installation.

les schaffer