Python tutorial/comparison for C++ programmer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Sat Mar 25 13:54:51 CET 2000

Tom <tom-main at> wrote:

> I'm a C++/MFC programmer and I'm interested in learning Python.

> Are there any Python language resources geared to C++ programmers?  I guess
> I'm looking for something that would compare the syntax, concepts, etc. of
> the two languages, eg. how do the object models differ.

> (I've already found Mark Hammond's Win32/MFC Python stuff.)

Well, it's probably not directly relevant, but I took a C++ tutorial
and translated it into a Python tutorial. The original was meant for
beginning C++/Qt developers. Taking a look at:

can't hurt ;-).

Boudewijn Rempt  |