Information on Threads?

Johannes Nix Johannes.Nix at
Sat Mar 18 22:44:06 CET 2000

"Fredrik Lundh" <effbot at> writes:

> lf11 at wrote:
> > Where can I find information on implementing threads,
> > i.e. examples, documentation, and tutorials?
> => documentation => library
> reference => threading module

There exists a book "Systems Programming with Modula 3" by Greg Nelson
which explains the M3 thread interface (which is very similar to
Python's), but also explains a lot of common pitfalls like deadlocks
and so on. Perhaps you can get it from a library.  I found it very
helpful to understand this issues.

There is also a O'Reilly book about pthreads. I didn't had it in my
hands yet but commonly O' Reilly's books are considered amongst the
best. (With exception of "Programming Python", which is a bit
discussed). I would suspect that at least part of the examples are in