How to get python console's stdin and stdout in msvc?

Adrian Eyre a.eyre at optichrome.com
Tue Mar 21 06:36:35 EST 2000

> I gotta write a IDE for python.

That's no small project. You might want to look at IDLE:

http://www.python.org/idle/

Or PythonWin:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

> I have try the following code but no effert,
> why?
> Also, i wanna the console window not be
> shown, but failed.

The quick fix is to replace "python.exe" with "pythonw.exe".
There is a way of doing it in ::CreateProcess(), but I can't
remember offhand.

You'd be *much* better off using the python API in Python.h
and python15.lib/dll, rather than going through python.exe.
You'll have much more control over a script's execution. See:

http://www.python.org/doc/api/api.html

Start off with:

http://www.python.org/doc/api/veryhigh.html