object browser in emacs

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at rocket.knowledgetrack.com
Wed May 24 20:47:39 EDT 2000

I just realized the folowing interesting thing: If you enable jde mode for
java, you can use the speedbar which lists objects in a convenient tree in a
separate window.  Now if you edit python code it automatically lists python
objects (including all python modules in the directory).  Really cool.

Is the speedbar a part of jde-mode that happens to also work in python-mode,
or is it a language-neutral app?  Can I ask python-mode to use it
automatically?

I could have examined the elisp code ... but I'm no expert and somebody may
already know the answer.

Huaiyu