stdin, stdout

Stephen Hansen stephen at cerebralmaelstrom.com
Tue May 30 06:55:35 EDT 2000

    I *believe* you don't actually need to modify stdin/stdout.. Each is
just a basic file-object (implementing read() and write() respectfully?)...
    So, if you want to alter their behavior, just make your own little class
that implements read() and write() a la files, then do:

    sys.stdin = YourNewStdin
    sys.stdout = YourNewStdout

    In YourNew* you can write to the origional std(in/out) through the
__stdin__ and __stdout__ file-objects. You could make your stdin/stdout do
just about anything, I think.

    Then again, I havn't gone to bed yet tonight so I could still be in my
own little universe of obsessive purplenses.

--S :)
news:#2z0XYay$GA.311 at net003s...