AI and Python

Peter Norvig peter at norvig.com
Wed May 17 18:37:32 EDT 2000

What I meant was the crime is that people in AI spent years
duplicating work that had already been done in OR (and perhaps the
reverse as well; I don't know the history of OR well enough).  An
example is Marcel Schoopers work on universal plans -- important
work, but largely duplicative of OR work on policies.  It would have
saved the field a lot of work if this had been known earlier.

-Peter