Damnation!

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Mon May 22 19:45:43 EDT 2000

This won't work.  It will simply cause a fork in development.  It's a
one-way street.  There is more information in case-sensitivity. The
people of the case insensitive fork can easily convert everything to
upper or lower case.  But then the information is gone and cannot be
reconstructed.

Hamish Lawson wrote:

> If case insensitivity was introduced, I propose that there
> should be a command-line switch to revert to case sensivity for
> backwards compatibility (my own preference would actually be to
> keep case sensitivity as the default and have a switch to make
> it case-insensitive if desired).
>
> Hamish Lawson

Small is Beautiful