C++ extension module crashes on Solaris

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu May 18 23:43:04 EDT 2000

"Steven E. Harris" wrote:

> I'm trying to write a simple Python extension module using the CXX
> kit. When I attempt to import my compiled module, Python dies as
> follows:
>
> Python 1.5.2 (#9, May 18 2000, 13:45:16)  [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on sunos5
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
> Abort (core dumped)
>
> The stack trace looks like this:
[...]

I suggest posting some source code if you expect help.  It's probably a
simple
bug in your code but it's hard to spot without looking at your code.

You seem concerned about threads.  are you starting threads in your C code
that
will call on Python?  If so, that's where the problem is -- you have to
study
the C/API docs carefully regarding the interpreter lock.