Linux and Python install problem

Matthew Miller matthewm at zebrasoft.co.nz
Thu May 4 17:26:16 EDT 2000

Thanks for your reply Martin. I'm running Caldera OpenLinux 2.3. I've
tried the Redhat rpm from python.org, but doesn't install correctly on
COL2.3, so I've downloaded the py152.tgz from python.org, and tried to
install from that. I've written some shell scripts and they all execute
fine, so I'm baffed as to why ./configure doesn't work - something
simple no doubt. The COL2.3 distro contains a rpm for python-1.5.1, but
part of my reason for installing python-1.5.2 and maybe 1.6 is to become
more comfortable with using shell scripts to install stuff.

--
Matthew Miller
Zebra Software Ltd.

E-mail: matthewm at zebrasoft.co.nz