Advice on giving a python course

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue May 2 15:20:02 EDT 2000

> On some of the slides you use the back-quote, (probably a PowerPoint
> formatting feature), to start a string, as in:
>
> 	myotherstring = `this is also a string'
>
> This input will cause an error.  And it is hard to tell PowerPoint
> that what you really meant is:
>
> 	myotherstring = 'this is also a string'

It's very simple, actually.  Go to Tools-->Options.  Go to the Edit
tab.  The first option is "Replace straight quotes with smart
quotes."  Check that off, and it will no longer format them.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester, andy at petdance.com, http://www.petdance.com
    "Inflammable material is planted in my head