Bookmarks database and Internet robot version 3.1

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.russ.ru
Sat May 13 08:05:20 EDT 2000

                    BOOKMARKS database and internet robot

WHAT IS IT
   Here is a set of classes, libraries and programs I use to manipulate my
bookmarks.html. I like Netscape Navigator, but I need more features, so I am
writing these programs for my needs. I need to extend Navigator's "What's new"
feature (Navigator 4 named it "Update bookmarks").

WHAT'S NEW
   I traced the longstanding bug with always hanging FTP URLs. The bug was
in the urllib/ftpwrapper. I updtaed my ftpwrapper to overcome the problem.

WHERE TO GET
   Master site: http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db

   Faster mirrors: http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/unix/797/Software/Python/#bookmarks_db
   http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/phd2.1/Software/Python/index.html#bookmarks_db

AUTHOR
   Oleg Broytmann <phd2 at earthling.net>

COPYRIGHT
   Copyright (C) 1997-2000 PhiloSoft Design

LICENSE
   GPL

STATUS
   Parser is Ok.
   Storage managers: pickle, FLAD (Flat ASCII Database).
   Writers: HTML, text, FLAD.
   Robots (URL checker): simple, forking.

TODO
   More storage managers: shelve, SQL, MetaKit.
   More robots: threading, async.

Oleg.
----
   Oleg Broytmann  http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/unix/797/  phd2 at email.com