No 1.6! (was Re: A REALLY COOL PYTHON FEATURE:)

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 09:34:36 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch:
 |In article <rhgmhs07ulsob3pptd6eh4f2ag4qj911bj at 4ax.com>,
 |Ben Wolfson  <rumjuggler at cryptarchy.org> wrote:
 |>
 |>', '.join(['foo', 'bar', 'baz'])
 |
 |This only works in Python 1.6, which is only released as an alpha at
 |this point.  I suggest rather strongly that we avoid 1.6-specific idioms
 |until 1.6 gets released, particularly in relation to FAQ-type questions.

That's disgusting anyway.

I just can't wait until we see more expressions like that.

     1.+(2,3).*4

Are we calling 1's + method with 2 and 3 as arguments, or is that a
floating point number we have there added to a tuple.

Watch out!  Python is morphing into Perl.
([scratch, scratch]  Now WHAT does THAT code do!?!)

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com