Help!

Kevin X. Liang xkliang at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri May 5 17:05:20 EDT 2000

I am a newbie with Python 1.5 on Linux (RH-6.1). I have a problem with
importing modules. When I tried to import a module 'pyjbt', defined
myself, I got the following error message:

ImportError:
/home/grads/xkliang/research/Linux/jsp/jpy/modules/pyjbtmodule.so:
undefined symbol: PyType_Type

It seems to me that the system could not find the external module
defining PyType_Type used in Python include file object.h. I am
wondering what is the proper setup for PYTHONPATH in order to  load all
the necessary modules and libraries and get rid of the above import
probelm. My currect PYTHONPATH is

['', '/home/grads/xkliang/research/Linux/jsp/jpy/modules',
'/home/grads/xkliang/lib/Linux', '/usr/lib/python1.5/config',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/', '/usr/lib/python1.5/plat-linux-i386',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload',
'/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages']

where '/home/grads/xkliang/research/Linux/jsp/jpy/modules' contains my
own modules.

I appreciate very much any help from the Python experts in this group.

Kevin