ANNOUNCE: Python CVS tree moved to SourceForge

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at python.org
Mon May 22 16:45:44 EDT 2000

    BR> Hmm I am not really happy about it. The concentration of Free
    BR> Software Projects on SourceForge is a little bit dangerous.
    BR> See http://lwn.net/2000/0210/devel.phtml for some
    BR> considerations.

They raise some good points, and we'll be working on ways to mitigate
these in the future.  For now, SF provides a robust way to jump start
a more open development process.  For example, it was just impossible
to allow non-CNRI employees write access to the CVS tree.  Now we can
manage that much more easily through SF.  And I hope to soon put in
place some nightly cron jobs to suck down the cvsroot for Python for
archival purposes.

-Barry