ZODB troubles

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon May 1 09:48:44 EDT 2000

Nolan Darilek <nolan at ethereal.dhis.org> writes:
> Test 1 works flawlessly. Test 2 runs, but in order to save the
> newly-added function, I have to delete the object from the database
> and re-insert it; it can't be modified live it seems. Test 3 works

Your Object class has __getattr__/__setattr__ methods, and there are
subtleties to writing such methods when using the ZODB, because the
ZODB uses the same hooks for its own purposes.  If I delete those
methods, your example works fine.

I thought someone documented the steps required to write a __getattr__
that works with the ZODB, but I can't find it; ask on the zope-dev
mailing list.

Now. Take this street to New Mexico.
  -- ??? in DOOM PATROL #50