Case [in]sensitivity

Stephen Robert Norris srn at fn.com.au
Sun May 21 08:24:52 EDT 2000

I've been reading this for a while now, and my biggest worry isn't the
prospect of a  case-insensitive python - after all we can just go on with
1.x and fork the user group and see who wins.

No, rather my worry is about the perception of Python breaking. I'm
working on a multi-million dollar project for a large bank, and we're
proposing Python for the development. We have a lot of anti-Python arrayed
against us, and this sort of thing would do us in - we'd be back to Java
within a day or two.

Sad, really, but that's the world. I guess if it lets Guido push his own
CP4E barrow, good luck to him, but for those of us in the trenches it's
just so much more incoming fire (and friendly fire isn't better than any
other sort).

	Stephen