AI and Python

Peter Norvig peter at norvig.com
Wed May 17 17:13:10 EDT 2000

You make a good observation that AI and operations research have a large
overlap in the problems they address: basically, what is the right
program or policy to decide what to do in a complex, uncertain
environment?  It is a crime that the fields developed independently with
little interaction, but in the last five or ten years this has changed,
and AI now encompasses OR techniques, and is much better suited for
dealing with real-world programs.

-Peter