How to use .show in PIL under Win95?

David Lees debl.nospamm at world.std.com
Sat May 13 23:28:38 EDT 2000

I now have PIL installed and am running through the tutorial for the
Image module.  No problem reading, writing and rotating images, but the
.show method does not seem to work on my Win95 system. I am using
PythonWin, Python 1.5.2, tkinter is installed.  I do not get any errors,
something flashes (does not look like an image though) and then I am
back at the command prompt.  The command is

im.show()

or

im.rotate(45).show()

I even wrote the results of a rotate out from Python and looked at it
with an external viewer.  I would like to view directly in Python.

David Lees