Augmented assignment (ie. += and friends) for Python!

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Mon May 15 07:33:16 EDT 2000

> Undeterred I have put a new version of the patch on starship.  The
> main change is to support more operators; I now support
>
> += -= *= /= %= &= ^= |= <<= >>= **=
>
> (does C have &&= and ||=?  I can't remember, and Python's not getting
> them anyway).

Hmm. Which operators did Algol68 support? (that's about as far back as I
want to go in programming history looking for validation) My references are
at home, but I can look them up if you like...

(I don't remember what BCPL had either)

	[[reluctant to do *anything* because C does it that way...]

Tibs
--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
Note that Python's licence is in fact the MIT X11 licence, with MIT