canvas in Pmw

Mike Wingfield psl at mitre.org
Thu May 11 15:13:45 EDT 2000

I am trying to write an image to a canvas in an application using Pmw.
When I do this I get the following error message:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "OutWin.py", line 24, in ?
    map.create_image(200,200, image=img, anchor = CENTER)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1223, in
_create_image
    return self.create('image', args, kw)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1216, in
_create
    (self.w, 'create', itemType)
TclError: image "8827440" doesn't exist

If I remove Pmw parts of the code it seems to work ok.  What do I need
to do to get the canvas to run within a Frame in an application using
Pmw?