Python for Kids

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue May 9 01:42:28 EDT 2000

Niklas Frykholm wrote:

> Do you think each screen object should
> (transparently) run in a separate microthread?

That would probably be overkill. I once tried to implement
a GUI library (for Sun's NeWS window server) by giving each
widget its own event handling thread, but I found that it
didn't really gain me anything and added a lot of unncessary
complexity, so I went back to a more traditional approach.

The option of giving any object its own thread might be
interesting, though.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,