Marking hyperlinks in a Text widget

André Dahlqvist andre at beta.telenordia.se
Tue May 30 11:54:21 EDT 2000

> Hello, André.  Not so long ago, I posted the following bits to this
> list. I revised them since, because of a tiny bug.  Extracted from:
>
>    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/recode/lib/htmlpage.py
>
> I use that code to enhance some TEXT before inserting it into a Web
> page.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is not really what I am looking for.
I just need to find strings in a Text widget that starts with http:// or
ftp:// and change the color of them to blue and underlined. I tried
checking the IDLE source since the IDLE editor does color markup, but
it was too complex to figure out how to translate this into my little
problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

// André