Advice on giving a python course

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Wed May 3 02:21:47 EDT 2000

> > wanted (I wanted to do something text-based, speed wasn't a big
> > issue).  APL and LISP, the languages my father recommended, were both
> > too obtuse to express the things I wanted to express easily.

Your mistake there was not realizing that while it may have
been difficult to express the easy things, you would have
discovered Lisp to be quite a bit easier at expressing the
very, very difficult things than all other noteworthy languages
of the time. In fact, it's still very, very good at it.

(apologies to c.l.p for the out of group evangelism)

C/

p.s. hey, we dynamic language folks have to stick together, right? :)