Python in the future

Stephen Robert Norris srn at fn.com.au
Thu May 4 03:58:03 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8h11t6.u51.kc5tja at garnet.armored.net>,
kc5tja at garnet.armored.net (Samuel A. Falvo II) wrote:
> Add to that his claim that "technology doubles ever year" is also
> incorrect. To be more specific, Moore's law states that the performance
> of microprocessor systems double every 18 months (not every year), and
> refers
> *strictly* to hardware.  It does *NOT* apply to software.  Want proof?
> Windows.

Actually my recollection (which is bourne out by the interview with Moore
at   http://www.sciam.com/interview/moore/092297moore1.html) is that the
original law was that computing power (actually components on a chip)
would double every _year_.

In 1975 he revised it to ever two years; according to him he never, _ever_
said 18 months.

	Stephen