Reading fortran 'unformatted' binary files

Tony Keating keating at mech.uq.edu.au
Sun May 7 23:42:02 EDT 2000

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any
information on deja or on the web. How can I get python (with Numpy) to read
in arrays from a file created from a fortran code? I've looked at a package
called numpy-signaltools, but the RPM seems to be missing a number of files
(so it doesn't work). Anybody have any simple solutions?

Tony.

--
Tony Keating <keating at mech.uq.edu.au> [http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/~tonyk]
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA