Stackless/microthreads merge news

Gary D. Duzan gduzan at gte.com
Mon May 15 15:08:14 EDT 2000

Courageous wrote:

> > Sure. Does Java support function variables?
>
> I believe the JVM can support this, as the
> authors of Kiev implemented closures and remained
> JVM-compliant. I only wish the *language* would
> go the additional step of offering method pointers.
> It's not like it's hard. They could even be reference
> counted.

   In fact, is has been done in Pizza, a Java language superset
and free compiler. They do parameterized types, too, which by
itself is called GJ (Generic Java.) I haven't had to do much
Java programming, but what I have done leads me to believe that
Pizza, or at least GJ, could be a great sanity saver.
   http://www.cis.unisa.edu.au/~pizza/

					Gary Duzan
					GTE Laboratories