Help! Tkinter

Nick Trout nick at spam_me_notvideosystem.co.uk
Mon May 22 05:09:00 EDT 2000

I'm having trouble getting Tkinter to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled
Python/Tcl and looked at the FAQ but I cant find a relevant posting.

I get:

Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import Tkinter
WHOOPS!  Even though I think I have found a Tcl/Tk 8.0 installation,
I can't seem to import the _tkinter extension module.
I get the following exception:
    ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not functio
ning.
If you don't know how to fix this, consider searching the Python FAQ
for the error you get; post to the comp.lang.python if all else fails.
Read the source file FixTk.py for details.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 8, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is not functioning
.

Can anyone help please? Thanks,
Nick.