New article on Python Dev Center

Phil Austin phil at geog.ubc.ca
Wed May 3 16:51:25 EDT 2000

"Stephen R. Figgins" <fig at oreilly.com> writes:

> Articles are coming in slowly, but I have put one up today.  It is the
> first in a 6 month series on Numerical Python.
>
>   http://www.oreillynet.com/python/
>
> I would love any feedback you care to give.
>
> Stephen Figgins
> fig at oreilly.com

Nicely done.  I'll be using Numpy/Dislin in a 3rd year and graduate
classes this fall, so these mini-tutorials are immediately useful to
me.

Under potential future topics: wrapping legacy Fortran/C numerical
code may be too advanced for this series, but if not, I think a
side-by-side comparison of pyfort and CXX-Array on a fortran or c
function would be extremely useful.  In particular, I don't think
enough people realize what can be done with the new CXX-4.2 release.

Regards, Phil

Phil Austin		INTERNET: phil at geog.ubc.ca
(604) 822-2175		FAX:	  (604) 822-6150

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil