compiling pyapache on freebsd

Marc Tardif intmktg at Gloria.CAM.ORG
Sun May 21 22:24:28 EDT 2000

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Titus Brown wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10005211655500.17718-100000 at Gloria.CAM.ORG> you write:
> >I'm trying to install the python module with apache 1.3.12 on FreeBSD 3.4.
[snip]
> you need to make sure you have the readline library installed;
> it should just be '-lreadline' but you might have to compile it,
> if not.  It's GNU.

Thanks, that worked. I also had to link the pthread libs, but your
suggested hinted me on fixing this problem. The compilation went fine and
I'll see if it works as I learn more about python.

> And, of course, you can always check out PyWX -- pywx at idyll.org --
> although it isn't for Apache ;).

What is this PyWX you mention? Although you give an email address, it
sounds more like you mean it to be a module or a web server. I went to
www.idyll.org and there's nothing there apart from two images which don't
show up on lynx. I also searched Parnassus and the FreeBSD ports for
anything simlar, but nothing came up. Even altavista and deja didn't
return anything useful, so where can I find information about this PyWX?

Marc