COM question

David Lees debl.nospamm at world.std.com
Mon May 1 20:02:35 EDT 2000

Yes you are correct about the version.  You imply that something has to
have VBA for me to be able to talk to it using Python?  I thought I
could start up word from Python by just knowing it's COM name?  In fact,
I can find the CLSID in the registry, but have no idea how to use that
in place of "word.application".

Anyway, I installed python on my new machine which has Word 2000 and
have no problem getting the
win32com.client.Dispatch("Word.Application") example to work with it.

David Lees