Copyright and License

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue May 9 07:59:03 EDT 2000

In article <8f6sbs$ih0$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
	Sam Schulenburg <samschul at pacbell.net> writes:
> I have placed code in the public domain just to protect me from any
> company that I work for claiming that the knowledge used is their
> property.
If you created the code while working for a company they still
might have a legal handle to claim the code. (Depending on your
local law and the contract you have had with them.) If they can
legally claim it, your putting the code under Public Domain
would have been illegal. So retrospectivly code might become
non PD again.

I am not sure who would be liable, if anybody could be help liable
at all it will be you.

IANAL, Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)