Thanks for configure.in, was: Cross-compiling Python

Jan Kybic Jan.Kybic at epfl.ch
Fri May 26 12:07:39 EDT 2000

> Here's a configure.in I used to cross compile on SGI for NEC supercomputers.
> You have to find out the AC_TRY_RUN and remove them. They are trying
> to run a test on local platform.

Great. It worked as it is. There were just two more things to comment
out: AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long long) and AC_C_CHAR_UNSIGNED
which apparently call AC_TRY_RUN.

So I can now cross-compile Python for ARM Linux on Psion S5. It
crashes when run but that's another story. I hope to get this sorted
out fast.

Thanks again.

Jan