Case sensitivity/insensitivity

Peter Schneider-Kamp petersc at stud.ntnu.no
Mon May 22 12:22:46 EDT 2000

Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

> But all those English keywords must be very confusing to people who do
> not speak the language... I suggest we implement a global dictionary
> that maps the language specific keyword names (or phrases, not all words
> have a one-to-one mapping) to their canonical form...  Just think, I
> could spell the common pydiom (I'm assuming this was perfectly clear to

That would be Really Nice(TM) but I am not sure in how far that is
practical.
I would be okay with internationalized grammars so I can compile a
German version of the interpreter (maybe called wuerge_schlange).

> as (with the Norwegian mapping...):
>
>   så lenge som 1:
>     linje = f.lesLinje()
>     hvis ikke linje:
>       brekk
>
> hey, it's much easier for every Norwegian speaking person (and I'm sure
> the f-bot can read it too ;-)

As a matter of fact I can, too. ;-] But I would also really like to
be able to write:

  solange 1:
    linie = f.leselinie()
    falls nicht linie:
      abbrechen

This would help me a lot when teaching German children (8-14) how
to program.

hilsen-fra-trondheim-og-ha-det-bra-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de